London Shredding‘s Terms and Conditions and Refund Policy
- Notwithstanding any statuary rights, all items supplied by London Shredding are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Free delivery (where offered) applies to mainland England and Wales, London Shredding will provide a quotation for other UK or international destinations.
- Goods will be dispatched within 24 hours of order on a 48-hour delivery service.
- When more than one, two wheeled bins are supplied, they may be stacked, and the wheels and axles may be supplied separately to be fitted by the purchaser. The wheels are a simple permanent press fit on the axles and do not require tools. In any case special packing requirements may involve extra charge.
- Unless they are clearly identified as off/over stock or seconds, all our products are brand new and unused but it is possible that they might have minor scuffs or marks on them (which will not affect their function) resulting from manufacture and delivery process. Wheelie bins are not wrapped for shipment.
- All our wheelie bins comply with standard (EN840) council refuse collection requirements but you are responsible for checking that the wheelie bin you select is suitable for your particular circumstances.
- The capacities indicated are nominal and the dimensions approximate (clearance dimensions). The colours are indicative.
- If products are to be returned to us or are not accepted for delivery, except due to a fault or shipping damage, there will be a restocking fee of £5 per bin in addition to the actual cost of return shipping, which can vary, but will be at least £25 per bin. If the customer prefers they may return the bin to us at their cost. If we have modified bins to a customer’s requirements, for example by fitting locks or apertures we reserve the right not to accept them back. In line with the Distance Selling Regulations for consumers, we do refund the initial delivery charge which is included in the wheelie bin price.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to dispose of any packaging we may use to protect the items dispatched. This packaging may include one or more pallets.
- For deliveries to business customers, it is assumed that the customer will be available to receive items in normal business hours (Monday-Friday 9am-6pm). If there are special delivery requirements which are not pre-agreed or redelivery is required London shredding reserves the right to back charge the customer any direct costs charged by the transport company. Standard point of delivery for bins is to the kerbside or loading bay. Sacks will be delivered to post box where possible. We do not routinely supply Proof of Delivery (POD) paperwork with invoices but will, of course, provide POD in any situation where there is reasonable question about delivery.
- Customers have 10 days from the date of confirmed delivery to report any variance in delivered quantities. London Shredding will have sole discretion regarding the response to any claims made after 10 days.
- Any delivery dates shown are indicative and not contractually binding. Time is not the essence of any contract.
- London Shredding provides a 12-month warranty from delivery for manufacturing or design defects. Normal wear and tear and any damage caused by any use, situation or activity for which the bin, or other item, is not specifically designed or intended for, is not covered. Should a customer consider any bin or part to be defective part, it must returned to our warehouse, transportation charges prepaid by the customer. In some cases, London Shredding may agree that photographic evidence is sufficient. London Shredding will analyse the item, or photographs. If London Shredding determines that it has failed due to a defect in manufacturing or design it will be replaced ex-works (our warehouse) without charge.
- London Shredding retains title to any bins or other items it has supplied until payment is received in full for all outstanding Invoices.
- London Shredding will never be liable for consequential damages and liability in any circumstance shall be limited to replacement of any item, or part thereof, excluding transport charges